Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Is it just me...or can I blame it on the pregnancy?

So I have been contemplating whether or not to start a new blog for the sole purpose of having a place to complain and put my pet peeves and writing about things that bug me. It seems I am more irritated lately (due to the fact that I am fat and tired), but maybe I really am just an ornery, uptight, beastly person. I can guarantee many posts of this new blog, if I actually started one, would be about the neighborhood children around here. Is it so wrong for me to want to go outside and play with my own children once in awhile, without being ambushed or mauled by 10-12 other kids who, in my opinion, have no idea what a personal bubble is, and furthermore, must have been trained by experts in the art of bugging people? Maybe these kids just crave attention so badly because they don't get it at home, that they can't help butting into whatever it is we are doing. My first thought is that they are the rude ones, but then I think maybe I am the rude one and I always end up giving in. I don't like being scrutinized by a 4 year old who is constantly asking me what I am doing, why I am doing it, and where I am going. Finally today I told him it was none of his business. Am I horrible or justified? I guess that is what you get when you live in a town home, and had I known it would bother me so bad we never would have purchased one. I long for my OWN back yard where I am in control of what happens and who comes and where I can do things with my own kids, undisturbed. I could go on and on about community living, but that is not the only thing that bugs me. Even little things that people do and say have been driving me crazy, even when it has nothing to do with me. I constantly catch myself thinking how stupid people are and why can't they just think rationally? I really am not a hater, and I would like to blame it on the pregnancy, but I think I really have this disposition and the pregnancy just magnifies it. So, I want to change. I want to be more positive and one of those 'nice' people who never have anything bad to say about anything. However, I know I can't change overnight, and I probably won't start a new blog, so don't be surprised to hear a few more gripes from me at least until I no longer have a bulging belly and I feel like I am more normal.

6 comments:

Julie and Kyle said...

A+ post. well said.

Andrea said...

this is what blogs are for.

*rOcKiN rIcHiNs* said...

Ya know...I started a private blog where I could write down things that bugged me. But I got bored with it...but I did have some funny posts, I just couldn't share them cuz they were kinda mean.

I like that I have a public blog filter, I come off as a much nicer person.

Plus, I've always liked the little edge that is Holly.

Janet said...

I think you are just normal. Shannon has a huge back yard and many times she goes out to play with her own kids she has 10 other kids there within 10 minutes. Sometimes she just says, "OK, my kids in the house and it's time for everyone else to got home." We all need our space. Sometimes I just love being in my house all by myself. YOU GO GIRL. YOU ARE NORMAL!

Hall Family said...

Hey I agree it seems like we have been talking this whole time. We will def. see you at the adult session if y'all can make it. The Sunday session is a little tricky wiht three kids. Let's get together soon.

Stacey Bacon said...

Oh how I love you Holly. I don't think its pregnancy at all but just being human and honest. I have so many thoughts that I just have to keep to myself because they are so darn mean. I think meaness comes with growing older and experiencing more. Go ahead and vent. Its better to vent occasionally then to blow up big time when you least expect it. Hang in there darlin and know you are not alone!