Tuesday, October 6, 2009

State Fair

So this year we happened to be in Salt Lake during the State Fair. My younger brother showed a lamb in the fair so we decided to go check it out. The judging took a really long time and it was really hot in the building. The kids grew really restless, but Brian took 1st place in his class and 3rd place overall, so it was worth the wait. That is pretty good considering there were 200 plus lambs there this year. Melissa and Jaeley

Tyson trying to stay entertained.

Tanner sleeping on the grand stand.

Future farmers of America...

Bunking up with grandma at the hotel. Fun times.

The few days prior to this, we drove out to Denver to see Andrea's new little baby boy. It was a short trip, but always fun to see their family. Grandma's van has a dvd player in it and the boys traveled wonderfully. Thanks to Andrea for letting us invade her home.

I think after a long week of traveling and being in a hotel, I was quite irritated and short-fused. My sweet husband took me on a date Friday night to the Roof restaurant and to a short program by the Tabernacle Choir. It was a nice break. I have such a thoughtful husband.

I think my children were a little thrown off as well because they were being kind of naughty, fighting over anything and everything like who got to push the elevator button. I was about to strangle them by the end of the week.
the real reason for going to the state fair
Showing the lamb
Setting up the lamb
Getting judged

Winning 1st in his class

1 comment:

Andrea said...

Thanks for coming and thanks for posting the pictures