Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Sharing my woes

I am now 30 weeks pregnant and everything seems to be going fine. This baby moves a lot like Tyson did, so hopefully that means she will come 3 weeks early as well. A girl can dream can't she? I do have a few hang ups (as always) that I want to share:
  • I passed my glucose test with flying colors, but my iron level keeps dropping. They will check it next time and I may or may not have to start getting iron shots.
  • I have sciatica from the top of my butt down to my toes on my right side. Not fun.
  • When I sit at the computer my left arm goes numb.
  • Getting myself dressed and ready is a rare occasion. I'm trying to work on this one.
  • I let my kids watch the same movie three times in a row just to keep them occupied and give me some time to do what I need. Right now the favorite movie is Mulan 2. However, Tyson has picked up a song from it called "I want to be like other girls" and goes around singing it. People probably think he is going through an identity crisis.
  • I am lacking motivation in all things right now.
  • I think I am getting a receding gum line and am long overdue for a dental checkup. Man, I wish we had dental insurance.
  • I brushed my teeth so hard that I slipped and gouged myself, which formed a canker and is killing me days later.
  • Tyson is 2 for 2 in breaking 2 dishes in 2 days.
  • I know I have been slacking in house work, so I got up early before everyone else was awake and deep cleaned the bathroom downstairs. It must have shocked Anthony because he asked me if I was nesting. I better step it up.
  • After last weekend, all four of my sisters have had their babies, leaving me to be pregnant and miserable all alone for the next 2 months. Thanks a lot!

All whining set aside, I am actually feeling pretty good and am enjoying life with my little family. I am looking to do a few small projects before the baby comes and am staying busy with family things. Life is good and I am so grateful for all the things I have been blessed with.

3 comments:

Andrea said...

sometimes it feels so good to let it all out! I hope you have her 3 weeks early too. no one should have to be prgnant a ful 40 weeks.

Julie and Kyle said...

what is sciatica? doesnt sound good.

love this post. i cant wait to NOT feel like that! im 16 weeks, so if it makes you feel any better, I'll be pregnant FOREVER. crazy that all your sisters had babies. your mom must be in heaven. and dont worry about cleaning. you have boys... they trash everything.

Betsy Hollingshead said...

I don't know what sciatica is, but it sounds fun. :)