Wednesday, August 26, 2009

A camping we will go...

A couple of weekends ago, we decided to get out of the heat and go camping up at Navajo Lake. While packing we soon realized we didn't have much for camping gear except a tent. Anth is the only one with a sleeping bag and we didn't even have a lantern, cook stove, foam pads, etc. We went anyway. We bought a single blow-up mattress and had another we have collected. We took all the blankets in the house and borrowed our neighbors cook stove. I would say we were roughing it, to say the least. We had to be in a designated campsite if we wanted to have a fire, and we would have froze without one. I prefer camping out in the open where you are not around people on all sides, but it was okay. Our neighbor campers actually were really nice and helped us gather wood. Because of lack of supplies, we roasted hot dogs for dinner and had pancakes for breakfast. It was pretty primitive just because we weren't fully prepared. We even forgot wet wipes for Tanner. It was a good first trip and now we know what to start acquiring if we are going to go camping again, which we probably will since we have two little boys. In the morning, the boys went down to the lake to fish but it was really windy and cold so it didn't last long. They didn't care, though, they just had a great time being outdoors.

3 comments:

Janet said...

Wow!! You are pioneers. Shad always teases me and says my idea of a good camp-out is a hotel without room service.

Andrea said...

how fun! I wish I could go camping like everyother week. I love it but it seems like we only make time to go once every other year.

Cute pictures! Tyson sure has white legs and a cute little white no-bum bum.

White's said...

I'd go up for the day, but don't ask me to sleep in a tent. You get the cool parents points! Tiffany