Thursday, August 20, 2009
Anderson/Styler Reunion
In the middle of July, we went to our reunion at Palisade Natl Park. It was hot! Anthony couldn't come due to work, but there was plenty of good company and other kids to keep my boys occupied. Everyone commented on my boys' white hair, and people were constantly reminding me to put sunscreen on them because they must look like albinos. I remembered to put sunscreen on them, but failed to put any on myself and I got fried. We spent most of our time at the lake. We went out in the canoes, and Tyson even dared to jump in (with his clothes on) off the floating dock. Another canoe trip Tanner leaned over a little to far to touch the water and fell in head first. He was wearing a life jacket, but it still scared him and was probably a little cold. My family thought it was funny how friendly Tyson was with everyone. He made friends with complete strangers, and I would find him off having an in-depth conversation with extended family. What a kid! Tanner spent a bit of time just laying on the benches under the pavilion. I think the metal felt cold on his skin after the sun drained him of energy.
The boys loved playing in the water and tried to catch the little fish that swim close to the shore. Grandpa Max was so good to get knee-deep in the lake to help catch fish.

Playing on the beach.
Caleb and Tyson in the kayak.
Every year uncle Jack sets up a snow cone machine for kids and adults alike. It was one thing we could do to help cool us off. On Saturday we rented a paddle boat for the morning and the kids liked it but the adults got tired of paddling it. It is hard work. The best part for me was getting to see cousins that I only get to see once a year, if that, and catching up on every one's busy lives. Can't wait for next year!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
it was fun! I love reunions. I was glad I could come this year. Thanks for sharing the tent.
Endless amounts of snow cones? That would keep anybody happy for days. Glad you guys had a fun time. Tiffany
Post a Comment