Saturday, November 17, 2007

Tagged!

  1. I keep things in the original packaging for as long as possible, and I hate removing tags from new things until it is absolutely necessary. I kept the new tags on our living room furniture set for about a month after we bought it and started using it. My father-in-law made fun of me for this, but it is just something weird about me. I kept the boxes for our toaster and popcorn maker, and many other wedding gifts for 3 1/2 years. I guess it is like once I take the tag off or throw away the original packaging it is really final, and I always second guess my purchases so I keep all of my receipts in case there is a slight chance I want to return something. Anthony is the complete opposite in this way. He breaks into the packing immediately and throws the receipt away. It drives me crazy.
  2. I love watermelon excessively. This summer I ate a 25 pound watermelon in three days...all by myself. I will eat watermelon from the first crop in the spring until the last crop in the fall and never get sick of it. Thank heavens it is made up of 90% water or I would look like a watermelon.
  3. People who litter drive me crazy. How hard is it to throw your trash in a garbage? It makes me so mad when I see people throw trash on the ground. I wish recycling was more available in Utah and I would totally participate. I saved all of my thousands of papers when I was in school so I could recycle them on campus. I think the green movement is great and I wish more people would be earth-friendly.
  4. I hate getting my face wet. If I go swimming in a pool, my head always stays above the water. I think I only got my face wet in the ocean 2 times the whole week we were in Hawaii. It is the last thing I wash in the shower so it can stay dry the rest of the time. I don't know why this is, but it applies to my hands, too. For this reason, I hate washing pans, or touching a wet rag to wipe off counter tops. I usually clean with gloves on.
  5. I am a sucker for massages. Luckily I have a pretty good personal masseuse who willingly gives me one as often as I ask.
  6. I am a freak about clean ears and noses. I am totally grossed out when I see someone with a bunch of earwax or nose hairs or cliffhangers. Anthony can testify that I am constantly on him about these things.
  7. I love balancing my checkbook and managing our accounts. This makes for an easy job when you never have any money. Nonetheless, I like crunching the numbers.
  8. I am a complete realist. I'm not big on dreaming or wishing for things. I like facts and figures and tangible evidence. Anthony is opposite of me on this so we make a good couple. While he has his head in the clouds, I have my feet firmly on the ground. We compliment each other this way.

That is me in a nutshell. I was going to tag my sister-in-law, Jenny, but she tagged herself, so there is no one left to tag except my sis-in-law, Victoria--your it!

2 comments:

Andrea said...

I can’t believe I didn’t know a lot of that stuff about you. Like the tag thing, that is kind of weird. I’ve known you your whole life and shared a room with you for 16 years how is it that I didn’t know that stuff. Good thing I tagged you and good thing we are both bloggers so that I can get to know my little sis a little bit better!

jen said...

I can just see my dad giving you a hard time about the tags. You will have to give it right back to him! I'm glad you keep Anthony grounded. You are a great couple!