Sunday, November 11, 2007
How close is too close?
Today I'm writing to get out my frustrations about living in such close proximity to other people. Obviously, our townhome is connected to another unit, and thankfully, we are on the end. However, the unit next to us is rented to college students, who insist on having a party about every week. I suspect there is underage drinking and possibly some MaryJane there, if you get my drift, but once they get wasted, they become obnoxiously loud. Finally, last night Anthony went over to tell them to be quiet. Next time he says he is just calling the cops. The thing that really bothers me, though, are the myriad of unsupervised children who roam the complex, and always end up on the rocks outside my house, because it is the perfect place for their so-called club house. They leave their trash all over, pull the branches off the trees, and move the landscaping around. One day I had to go out like 4 times and get mad at them because they had hauled these two huge gates over and leaned them up against my house, only to have them keep falling down. Seriously people, why can't you just watch your kids and clean up after them? There is one good thing about this, though....it makes Anthony want to move to a smaller community and buy a bigger piece of land, so we have our own space and don't have to deal with bad neighbors. Plus, if we could build a house on like 5 acres of land, Anthony could walk around the house naked...it would be his dream come true!! Don't get me wrong, I love my townhome, I just don't love the fact that there are other townhomes around us. I guess we just have wait until the time is right for our next home.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
no joke. now days how do people dare to let their kids roam free, especially in a city. I would be ticked off too.
yay! i heard you had a blog, but couldnt ever find it. (emily told me). when will you be in beaver next? we should get together. your boys are adorable. boys are the best!!!
Post a Comment