Sunday, July 5, 2009

My baby is Growing

And when I say "baby" I am referring to my current two year old baby. Not because he acts like a baby, but because he has been my baby for the last 2 years and will continue to be my baby until December when the new baby comes. We still call him baby, even Tyson addresses him that way. But this last week was his birthday and he is now two! We decided just to have a simple party with just the four of us. Tanner loved every minute of it and he loved helping us sing happy birthday to him. A couple of balloons and two dart guns from the dollar store, and both my boys were happy as could be. How simple and great.
The birthday boy!

The baseball cake

Brothers and best friends

Fishing about a week ago.
So, what is Tanner like these days? He is becoming quite independent. He insists on doing everything that Tyson does. He likes to help say prayers, and usually can sit still and quiet for longer than his brother. He is a good helper when it is time to clean up. He loves animals and bugs. He is a good sleeper (what a blessing!) He likes to sing and run around at the same time.
His favorites include chocolate milk, TV, and all things sweet. No doubt he throws his share of fits but he is a joy the majority of the time and I am so glad he will be my little baby for a little bit longer.



3 comments:

jen said...

What a cute cake! How long did it take you? Tanner is getting so big. I can't wait to see you guys.

Andrea said...

wow, what a cute cake! Was it hard?

Janet said...

I saw the picture and was going to comment, "What a cute cake". I looked up at Andrea's & Jen's comment and laughed.