Last night Anthony and I went to Les Miserables at Tuacahn, which I recommend to everyone wanting to see a show. It was a fantastic production. And thanks to a couple in our ward who watched our children until almost midnight. Well, it is after a late night like that that a warm shower to wake you up in the morning would be delightful. Think again...I can't remember the last time I had a peaceful shower experience. My children, as I'm sure with all of yours, like to be where I am at all times. So unless they are out of the house or asleep, it is a fight to get some personal time. So this morning I put a movie on for Tyson and Tanner, hoping that would occupy them long enough. Nope. The second Tyson hears the water running, he tears off his clothes and gets a running start to leap into the tub before I have time to stop him. He thinks he is sneaky that way. Then, of course, Tanner follows him to the edge of the tub and pulls back the shower curtain letting the water splash out and the cold air in. So inevitably it turns out that all three of us are crowding into the tub/shower, even though Tyson is probably reaching (or has surpassed) the age of being too old to shower with mom. But it doesn't just stop at that. The remainder of the shower consists of me tiptoeing around the boys and all their bath toys, bending myself in odd positions to try and shave my legs, Tyson pushing me out of the way so he can get to the water, me trying to block the water so it doesn't hit Tanner in the face, shampoo bottles getting dropped on everyone's feet, and me yelling at Tyson the whole time to stop licking the bottom of the tub, drinking the water, and squirting Tanner with a water bottle. Ultimately, it ended in a cry fest, the water ran cold, and I now have spots on my legs that didn't get shaved. To top it all off, the second I get the boys out of the shower, they scamper off immediately to watch the movie I had started for them in the first place. Go figure. Here are the pictures I promised from the last post.
Anthony and I at the temple in Oahu. (I don't think we even got a picture of us at the beach or of the ocean. Oh well, I guess we will have to go back)
The pineapple plantation with a rainbow tree.
Spending the night at the hotel when our AC broke
Tyson at swimming lessons. He is the best in his class.
3 comments:
That looks like it was fun. I like the rainbow tree.
OH, the life of a mom. Thanks for the laugh!
Easton thinks he needs to shower with me everymorning too. Lately I get up at 7 so I can get in the shower before he wakes up. I love the pictures. I love the rainbow tree, it doesn't look real. Thanks for telling us about swimming lessons. Easton did really good considering it was his first time. He cried alot but hopefully tomorrow will be better. I really likes Kristen's attitude about teaching them how to swim.
Post a Comment